What is Microsoft Intune?
Microsoft Intune is a Microsoft product which comes with their more expensive subscriptions. It’s a cloud-based device management tool that allows internal IT or an MSP like us to manage all employee devices and applications from anywhere at any time. It is part of the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility and security feature, it offers and integrates seamlessly with Microsoft 365, Azure Active Directory (AAD) and other services that Microsoft provide.
Microsoft Intune enables businesses to control their devices and applications in a way that helps to protect their data. This includes Mobile Application Management (MAM) and Mobile Device Management (MDM). This allows all devices and applications to be controlled via the cloud easily and securely. Microsoft Intune is well-spoken about for its ability to boost over business productivity, security, efficiency and remote working capabilities.
What does Microsoft Intune do?
We’ve listed a few of the most commonly used capabilities and data loss prevention measures which are included within Microsoft Intune. Please note that you before you attempt to configure or use Microsoft Intune that you speak to a professional Technology Advisor, alternatively you get in touch today for a more comprehensive demo and overview of how Microsoft Intune can add value to your business.
Microsoft Intune gives you the opportunity to:
- Enable BYOD (bring your own device), whereby Microsoft Intune can be deployed on personal devices without them having to be enrolled. Meaning that employees can use personal devices for work purposes, knowing that corporate data will be protected.
- Add additional password requirements by implementing specialised data protection apps (such as multi-factor authentication and single sign-on).
- Wipe data from stolen and lost devices.
- Improve overall productivity, as Intune works seamlessly with Microsoft 365, meaning data can be safely deployed, used and managed.
- Have access to a range of innovative and enhanced Microsoft apps.
- Manage and update apps automatically across all relevant devices.
- Restrict access where necessary with tailormade policies based on conditions such as location, user, device, app sensitivity and real-time risk – meaning only specific people will be able to access specific data.
- Implement other protection policies including, preventing emails being sent to users outside of your business, controlling the way users share information, and establishing password requirements.
Microsoft Intune and remote working
Since its creation, Microsoft Intune has been extremely useful for all business sizes, it helps to streamline the process, boost productivity and their data secure. When the recent pandemic hit, almost all companies moved to remote working practices but did not have anything in place. Read one of our latest projects of how we moved a Healthcare client to the cloud. When we were moving this company to the cloud Microsoft Intune became even more beneficial to help with the migration.
Microsoft Intune helps employees to continue to work effectively regardless of where they are or what device they want to use. Many businesses have struggled with the move to remote working because they did not have the fantastic and highly useful tools in place, just like Microsoft Intune. Those who did have such a system in place were able to check emails, access calendars, contacts, and company files. On top of this colleagues were able to collaborate like normal with one another. This is why Microsoft Intune is not just an excellent tool but a tool that we say is essential for any business as it allows employees and the business to continue working effectively and securely wherever they are.
What are the benefits of having Microsoft Intune?
- It’s adaptable – Microsoft Intune is compatible with all devices and software, including iOS, Android, and Windows.
- It’ secure – Microsoft Intune requires all apps and devices to comply with your specific security requirements. It also allows employees to use personal devices for work purposes, whilst isolating corporate and personal data, keeping your data safe and secure.
- It’s flexible – with Microsoft Intune, you can access applications from any device, at any time. Meaning you can work remotely, on the go or in the office.
- It’s easy to use – security policies can be applied seamlessly across different departments and individuals, making it easy to secure new and existing devices on a large scale.
- It’s scalable – Microsoft Intune has the capacity to grow with you, as your business grows. This means that once it’s in place, you don’t need to worry about your business out-growing it’s capabilities.
- It gives you control – Microsoft Intune puts the power into your hands, giving you the ability to control how your devices and data are used, with the ability to tailor policies to the needs of your business.
How can Microsoft Intune add value to my business?
Microsoft Intune gives you the opportunity to not just protect your data, it also boosts productivity across your organisation. This is why it is highly recommended to implement Microsoft Intune for remote working. It’s integrated into Microsoft 365 and allows you to control and manage how devices and applications are used. Enabling your business to deploy the applications required, restrict access to altering the system and confidential files. It also allows you to implement specific policies where necessary such as automatic Wi-Fi setup and connection.
If you would like to know how ORB Tech Solutions can help you and your business out, then please get in touch today!